The Kardia hand pump is made in Germany and is precision constructed for sustained, reliable performance in areas where there is little hand pump maintenance. Although expensive, children can easily use this hand pump to obtain a steady flow of water from depths greater than 30 meters. These factors makes this hand pump an ideal choice for use in large, remote villages and in crowded refugee camps.
Construction, operation and maintenance
Below is some technical information about the Kardia pump:
Lever Operated Lift Pump for up to 60 metres setting in a borehole of 3” to 6”
- Minimum borehole diameter - 100mm (Kardia K 65)
- Minimum borehole diameter - 80mm (Kardia K 50 VA)
- Maximum borehole diameter - 150mm
Meets V.L.O.M requirements (village level operated maintenance)
- 62 mm cylinder at 36m setting
- Capacity - 0.45 litres/stroke
- Output basis 50 full strokes / minute - 1350 litres/hour
- 50 mm cylinder at 45m setting
- Capacity - 0.28 litres/stroke
- Output basis 50 full strokes / minute - 840 litres/hour
Stainless steel 50mm cylinder for up to 45m setting on special request.
Centralisers - required for larger boreholes or wells (special request).
- Hand pump, raw water, Kardia K50 and K65. Emergency Relief Items Catalogue 2002. Red Cross.
- MAINTENANCE GUIDELINE FOR KARDIA HANDPUMP: Step by step illustrated manual for major maintenance on Kardia Handpump. Inter Aide Sierra Leone and European Union.
To inquire about or purchase this pump
GmbH & Co. KG
Mr. Stefan Ernst, SBF Kardia
D-31228 Peine, Germany
Phone: +49 5171 294 123
Fax: +49 5171 294 111
Newman Impex Private Limited
Mr. Rashpal Singh
OPP.Shoor Market, Kala Sangha Road
Basti Sheikh, Jalandhar - 2 pb, India
Phone: +91 181 2439092, 2439038
Fax: +91 181 2439044